MP Systems designs rugged, dependable high pressure coolant systems, chillers, coolant filtration systems, and accessories for machine tools. We understand the stress points in machining. Our products are designed to minimize downtime and maximize tool life. We offer solutions that help manufacturers maximize the most sophisticated machine tools available. We also offer basic systems for less demanding applications and environments. All of MP Systems' products were developed to meet specific customer requirements. We work closely with customers to fully understand their challenges and develop the most suitable solutions.
This position is based out of our East Granby, CT office.
The Service Engineer/Mechanical Engineer will have an understanding of electrical and hydraulic systems in order to effectively diagnose machine failures, identify root causes, and resolve issues with electrical and mechanical components. This position will have a solid overview of all company projects and must understand how multiple systems integrate and work together. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
*This position would require travel to and from our customer base, local and nationally for field installation projects and service. Overnight travel may be required on a situational basis or up to three times a month depending on the
- Providing live technical support via phone and email
- Creating design changes based on root causes analyses of issues in the field
- Creating electrical and mechanical systems including 3 phase power, low voltage controls, motor controls, PLC, hydraulic, filtration, refrigeration, sheet metal fabrication
- Product improvement
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of product documentation
- In depth understanding of the company’s products and applications.
- Creating documentation for products and design changes
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Customer service and listening skills necessary to create solutions based on customer complaints and issues
- Knowledge of basic mechanical and electrical systems
- Candidates should demonstrate and eagerness to learn and interest in how systems operate.
- They should be able to diagnose failures and identify root causes.
- Technical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Candidates should also possess the ability to understand drawings and schematics as well as creating drawings, schematics, and models using CAD software.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be highly mobile, able to access all areas of the premises.
- Ability to concentrate and remain focused while handling multiple tasks, responsibilities and projects.
- Ability to sit for prolonged period of times.
- Must be able to perform bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting of moderate to heavy weight material up to 50 lbs. with assistance from equipment or other employees.
- Ability to frequently use hands and arms to finger and reach.
- Vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to keep his/her composure with the public and co-workers in everyday, stressful situations.
We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits packages, and tuition reimbursement.
Morris Group, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.